Cherry & white chocolate cruffins, made in just a few minutes! Usually we do everything from scratch, but what if you cant find flour anywhere or you are at home self isolating? A lot of people have these "ready-to-bake" croissant "cans" in the fridge. Here is a super easy recipe to turn them into a Cruffin, a tasty "Croissant-Muffin".
Quickly done but still intricate and beautiful. If you prefer to make the pastry yourself go for it, its a beautiful process (I will put a recipe up in the next days, but this is the "cheat version" to make at home).
-1 packet (Jus Roll) Croissant Pastry
- vegan white chocolate chips
- cherry conserve (or swap it for any other jam, chcocolate spread, margarine/cinnamon mix...you can be creative)
- 4 Cupcake cases (large)
1. Open the packet and open up the pastry with the hands.
2. Cut it in half, ignore the pre-made dotted lines completely.
4. Sprinkle some flour or starch on your worktop (if any left, otherwise: use a silicone mat or a sheet of baking parchment to work on) an fold the first half again in half and roll it out into approx. double the size.
5. Spread the jam with a kitchen knife evenly on top of the pastry.
6. Roll the pastry tightly into a roll and cut that one lenghtwise in half. Do the same with the other half of the pastry so that you end up with 4 portions.
7. Now fold each into a round "flower".
8. Place them into muffin cases or a muffin tray, greased with margarine and sprinkled with caster sugar.
9. Spinkle some vegan white chocolate chips on top.
10. Cover the tray or cases with cling film and leave them in a warm place to rise for 40 minutes.
11. Preheat the oven on 180* Celsius and bake the Cruffins for 30 minutes.