Filled vegan pasta parcels with vegan ragout. Making vegan pasta is so simple but such a treat...I really dont know why I am not doing it more often as its soooo yummy. It takes like 10 minutes and the recipe I am using is super versatile, so you could use it to make ravioli, lasagna sheets, linguine and any others shape you like. It is a bit more time consuming to prepare the filling and make the ravioli parcels. I used a vegan seitan bolognese ragout that I had made the day before. You can use your own favourite one, a shopbought one or use another filling, like vegan cheese, vegan tofu ricotta, butternut squash puree....
I ve added sage to my pasta dough but thats optional and depends on what filling you are using.
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried sage (optional)
- 150ml water
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 400g seitan bolognese
I used a seitan bolognese ragout I made the day before.
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Form a little hole in the centre and add the olive oil and water.
3. Mix it using a fork until its "flaky". Add the Sage (optional).
4. Start kneading with your hand, best is on a flat surface, dusted with flour until the dough forms a smooth soft ball. If it is sticky&/too soft add more flour, if it is to dry add a little bit more olive oil.
5. Wrap it in cling film and leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. After taking the chilled dough out of the fridge cut it in three pieces and roll it into thin layers. You can use a rolling pin or a pasta maker/pasta machine. Dont forget to dust your work surface or the pasta machine with flour.
7. Roll it out until it is very thin, almost "see through". The dough is elastic enough to do so.
8. Now cut it in squares of double the size you like to have the finished ravioli in.
9. Start filling your ravioli using a teaspoon. Fold them and close the edges using a dessert fork.
10. Put a pot with water to boil. Let the ravioli sit and dry a bit on baking parchment. 10 minutes is enough and your water should be nicely boiling by now. Add salt.
11. Cook the ravioli for about 5 mins in boiling salted water.
12. Take them out when they are swimming on the surface.
13. If you have some of the filling left mix it with some tablespoons of the cooking water and and some olive oil. Drizzle over your hot ravioli and serve them. Enjoy!